MARKETING: MAKE YOURS WORK BETTER — ANOTHER LOOK
About seven months ago I wrote a piece on this topic. This is a second look, a different look.
What is the most effective, most inexpensive, most personal way to market your offerings you’ve found to work for your business so far?
What is that that thing you do that attracts prospective buyers to you every time you do it and results in profitable new or repeat sales?
What method, modality or avenue makes sales happen in your business?
To win consistently in your business you must figure this out.
Let’s look a bit deeper? What’s one thing you’d like to focus your marketing or selling more of right now?
1. What’s the compelling benefit customers or clients would enjoy when they buy that?
2. What positive emotions go with that benefit?
3. What words and/or images and/or sounds take and hold people’s attention to that benefit?
4. What supportive testimonials do you have for proof?
To make more money as soon as possible your marketing needs to work splendidly.
Big true fact and no secret either, most business owners have no marketing plan, nothing written, no measurement system, no testing strategy, nothing. Most do not even have testimonials from satisfied customers or clients.
Where should you start? Well, it would be wise to answer a few elemental marketing questions such as the following.
1. What do you sell?
2. What are the benefits? What’s your proof?
3. Who are your buyers?
4. Why should people buy from YOU?
5. What’s your Compelling Marketing Message?
6. What are your options for attracting people?
7. How much can you afford to spend on marketing?
8. How much of your time can you spend on marketing? What should be your marketing schedule?
9. How will you track results?
10. What’s missing? How can you close the gaps?
To start down the path to more money making, start generating answers to these questions right now. WRITE THEM DOWN.
Instead of spending a lot of your money on advertising, invest your time instead. Put on an event. There are some costs associated with this but not as much as a full page yellow pages ad.
Conduct a survey at your front counter or over the phone.
Cross sell and up sell. You should be doing this all the time already.
Offer incentives to current customers and clients.
And systematically go after referrals.
All these activities ought to personally involve YOU and ought to be performed and evaluated systematically.
Remember, marketing is everything you do in your business and it must work or you will not be happy. It’s not rocket science. It takes careful planning and systematic implementation. And even though you probably did not go to school to learn marketing, you can still master it.
To Win, Make It Personal, Inexpensive, And Keep At It.